Saturday, February 11, 2012

Day 42: Danielle and Diesel



Phew, I made it and I am going to deliver it now. I'll post a better shot and the story after the birthday girl gets her present. :)

*Ok. Here is the story. This is my second commissioned work. It's watercolor painting based on a photograph. My coworker would like to give this as a birthday gift to his fiance, who is also my coworker. It's an image of her and her dog who just died last year due to genetic disease. He was only six years old. It's very tough time for them. Diesel was at our office from time to time. He was such a sweet dog. Danielle is the one introduces me to FOHA, the animal shelter I am volunteering at the moment. So this painting is very special to me as well.

How long did it take to finish this painting ? I would say about 2 days (with a lot of sleep in between hee hee). I finished the sketch long time ago and it took me about one day to paint. But half of the time was spent to determine the color schemes, what to paint first and how to. The size is about 11"x14".

I hope you like it as much I do.*

No comments:

Post a Comment