Sunday, July 1, 2012

Day 183: Homewood Suite by Hilton



I guess staying at Homewood Suite by Hilton with my sister who is on her business trip can be considered as my mini vacation. Since my dear little sister needs a ride to her 7-am meeting at her office every day I will be staying with her here and drive her to work every morning. (Ugh, I wish we were still at the old office! It's just 10 minutes from here.) She could take a taxi and get a reimburse but, you know, when you see your only sister twice a year you try to make the best out of that little time you have together.

Anyway, today I spend my free evening sketching the plan of the room we stay. What I like about a hotel is that the room is always so compact but still functioning and organized. Now I have an urge to clean my own place.

My sister and her best friend from work get the connecting room so I have a chance to see the sealed door frame that makes sense. This hollow knock-down metal frame on 4 5/8" thick wall has 2 strips of rubber and felt on all side to seal the sound. Well...I guess my love for architecture is still left somewhere in me. Who would look at door frame when they're on vacation ?!

It's Monday again. Have a happy week!

No comments:

Post a Comment