Saturday, May 5, 2012

Day 126: Face Painting



I volunteered face painting at Spring Festival in Reston today. Just want to see what it was like. Here were the samples I made for kids to choose from per staff advice. And wow, kids loved face painting. Spiderman and Butterfly were most popular.


In case you are curious the face painting samples were just made from a color paper, then I colored them with markers and color pencil, and I taped a popsicle stick onto the back of the paper face. This way kids can hold it for me or just looking at it while I am painting their face. :)


There were two kids brought their own images, Toothless (the dragon), oh and her brother wanted a yellow and green tractor on his cheek and then another kid wanted some sort of round weapon, which I had no idea what it was called, on his whole face. But I was up for challenge! There were only 2 face painters per shift and the line got really long. I didn't even have a chance to take a break during my 2-hour shift.


Love doing it! (Photos from the event should be up on Volunteer Reston on FB soon.)

No comments:

Post a Comment